Jayapataka Swami OfficePosts RSS Comments RSS

Diary: 10 Jul 2011 – Mayapur

Please accept our humble obeisance.
All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga.
This July 10 was the first day of GM in Mayapur after his long journey . He has resumed again to follow His regular activities established a year ago when he returned from his long stay in Los Angeles and promised to remain in the Dhama most of the year.
When I finished my last shift at about 6am, I was still resting. Gauranam who had just arrived later and told me about the plans, so I suggested it would be good to let him rest .At about 2pm He was taking his lunch and then afternoon break. Several devotees arrived on the terrace and were there to take darshan of Guru Maharaj. When he was ready, he walked a little to the elevator and meeting the mataji Gladiz of Colombia and Brazil mataji A few meters from the lift He sat in his wheelchair and went to the temple. Some had to go down in the second round. In the temple, GM was taking darshan of Srila Prabhupada, then asked to go to the altar of the Lord Nrisimha. To my surprise, there was a new altar in the temple of Sri Panca Tattva were special Deities of Jagannath, Baladeva and Subadra . GM after taking Darshan of the Lord Nrisimhadev, was directed to the beautiful temporary altar of Sri Jagannath, Baladeva and Subadra to take His Darshan. Panca Tattva Temple was almost full and everyone was sitting with a bhajan praising the deities who were visiting. Then GM made Sri Panca Tattva Darshan and finally making the parikrama used behind the altar of them, went to the Temple of Sri Sri Radha Madhava and The Sakhis Asta. Here, GM took a long Darshan of Their Lordships and was finally taken to the elevator to return to the terrace of the Lotus.
Once there, he took his dinner and then went out to give darshan and prasad to devotees present. With help of His physiotherapist He performed a short walk and devotees supported only on his left hand and leaned on his walker hand. Long ago that GM had not seen practicing with the walker. I took a few pictures as I promised photos in my last report.
GM was heading this room to practice on the “nustep.” machine
After practicing a bit, had a meeting with Acintya Caitanya Prabhu and his wife Dr. Siromani mataji. Ending the meeting came Mahavaraha and suggested it was time to rest, since Het would have to get up early to give Bhagavatam class. GM replied that he had to finish His rounds. Finally, when he finished his pedaling 1080 times then went into his room and there he all the necessary preparations for bedtime was made.
What happened after He got in bed, is worthwhile to tell.
Although it was nearly midnight when we put him in his bed, GM could not sleep. He went into that meditative state in which He generally enters a few times and finally told me to read something. He also asked me to put a blanket over it, and I felt very cold, I thought He was sick, since He was also pooling a lot of saliva and His throat bothered him, I offered Him a glass of water. Apparently everything was normal. I had no book in the room. I had a small lamp to read. Then we decided that we will read the Book of Krishna, I turned on my computer and entered the Vedabase to accommodate His request. I’m not really very good at reading in English, but GM is so merciful that allowed me to continue this service despite my disability. The only thing that worried me was that I had to get up early and be ready for the class of Srimad Bhagvatam. Anyway, I read like 3 or 4 chapters of the book of Krishna and when we finished, it was past 2am. Finally I said, “Guru Maharaj MUST wake UP EARLY AND IF I AM STILL READING WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SLEEP, ESPECIALLY FOR MY HORRIBLE pronunciation of certain words in English. SO PLEASE, try to focus and try to sleep.” He said nothing so I put my computer away from the small bedside table, and within a few minutes could perceive that he was already asleep.
At 5:30 am on July 11, Mahavaraha entered the room to wake him, I mentioned the time that GM had fallen asleep and to let him sleep a little longer. But He was awake and that was very impressive so I had no choice but to do so too. Devotees and the next shift began to arrive, digital scales for the “weight lila” were not working well, perhaps because of dead batteries, so they took him out to the terrace to continue to the duties of the morning. For my part I gave my bow and went to rest.
I wanted to write the events of the rest of this day 11, but I think I will leave that for another report.

Your Servant
The servants caring for GM.

No responses yet

Comments are closed.